Saturday, October 6, 2007

Miniature Mouse

As soon as I picked up Knitted Animals from the library I knew I had to make a little mouse for our cat. He love, love, loves to lick my yarn to pieces. Anything made of animal fiber he goes crazy for. So I thought I'd make a little mouse to let him go crazy on. Well, I chose a fine baby alpaca yarn that is his favorite and a size 1 needle to make it look neat. It might have knitted up slightly smaller than it was supposed to. wink, wink. It's about the size of a newborn mouse! So small I didn't even bother to try and put eyes on it. I gave it to our kitty as soon as I took these pictures and it disappeared instantly. I was worried he had eaten the whole thing in one bit rather than just lick it to pieces. I later found it sans tail hiding behind the dollhouse.

No comments: